Darin B. Hawn, CFP®AFG
Partner and Financial Advisor
Darin B. Hawn is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner who has been with Allegheny Financial Group since 2000, where he offers professional, comprehensive financial planning services to individuals and small businesses. In 2011, he became a partner of Allegheny Financial Group, Ltd. and Allegheny Investments, Ltd., where he currently serves on the Board of Directors.
Education & Professional Credentials
- Minnesota State University | Degree in Finance with a concentration in financial planning
- CFP® Practitioner, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Series 24 principal license
- Series 7, 6, 65 and 63 registered representative licenses
- Life, accident and health insurance licenses
- Counseled a wide variety of clients since joining Allegheny in 2000
- Previously employed with a regional insurance firm, advising clients on insurance and other types of risk management
Awards & Recognition
- Repeat recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award
- Youth hockey and lacrosse coach
- Active member in his church
Front row left to right: Darin B. Hawn, CFP®; R. Steven Hurst, CFP®; Scott Rash, CFP®; Back row from left to right: Mandy Miller, FPQP; Christopher Smith, CFP®; Benjamin R. Grom, CFP®; Diana Toepfer; Laura English, FPQP; Terry L. Knepp, CFP®.
Our practice provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management
to households, small businesses, and pension plans. Sensitive to each client’s unique circumstances and objectives, we focus on achieving those objectives. We believe a deep understanding of each client is essential to providing the advice over the long term that makes achievement of those objectives both possible and likely.
We believe that careful planning is vital to the achievement of long-term financial goals. All aspects of our clients’ financial lives, from investment and tax planning to insurance and estate planning, must be incorporated into a coordinated strategy for optimal effectiveness. Then an appropriate portfolio can be constructed, with emphasis on asset allocation, diversification and the utilization of professional money managers. Communication with our clients is critical in order for appropriate adjustments to be made as circumstances dictate. A dedication to customer education and service is at the core of our beliefs.