Jack D. Kraus, CFA®AFG
Chief Investment Officer
Asset Management Group
Jack D. Kraus has served as Chief Investment Officer since March 1989 for Allegheny Financial Group, Ltd., a Registered Investment Advisory firm providing comprehensive financial advice.
Education & Professional Credentials
- Duquesne University | Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Chartered Financial Analyst®
Mr. Kraus works with pension plans, individuals, and businesses in developing and implementing investment programs. These clients have had assets ranging in value from several hundred thousand to several hundred million dollars. He has worked with each client to establish investment objectives and asset allocation, select professional investment managers, and monitor the investment program.
- A frequent speaker to various professional groups on the topics of asset allocation, portfolio design, and mutual funds
- Member of the Pittsburgh Society of Financial Analysts
- Past Board member of the Pittsburgh Association for Financial Planning
Awards & Recognition
- Repeat recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award
- Featured in the summer “Financial Focus” issues of Pittsburgh Quarterly 2009-2018
- Recognized as an honored member in Who’s Who Worldwide of Global Business Leaders in the Financial Services Industry
From left to right: Joanne Johnson, Executive Assistant; Jack D. Kraus, CFA, Chief Investment Officer; James Rambo, CFA, Investment Advisor.
Allegheny’s Asset Management, led by Chief Investment Officer, Jack D. Kraus, CFA, has been working with our advisors and their clients since 1989. Our investment policy favors a disciplined, team-based approach to establish and grow a diversified and secure portfolio. Our services are designed to protect and maximize your wealth through long-term performance and a high level of personalized service. Our personal financial advisors take the time to understand your individual needs. We then tailor each program around your goals, investment time frames and tolerance for risk. Our continual monitoring and evaluation ensure that your investments adapt appropriately as the market and your needs change.
Investment Research Group
Front row from left to right: Jack D. Kraus, CFA, Chief Investment Officer; James Rambo, CFA, Investment Advisor. Back row from left to right: Nick Lewandowski, CFA, Manager, Alternative Investments Research; Joseph Clark, CFA, Senior Research Analyst; Jack Peluso, Research Analyst.
Allegheny’s Investment Research Group has developed and maintains a comprehensive and proprietary investment research platform. This platform is the basis for an objective measure of professional money managers, portfolio modeling, market analysis, and investment management
that is unmatched. Our team not only provides this research to our advisors in support of their clients, but also is retained by individuals, pension plans, and non-profit institutions.