James J. Browne, CFP®AFG
Partner and Financial Advisor
James J. Browne is a founding partner of Allegheny Financial Group and Allegheny Investments. A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, Jim formed the JJB Group practice, and together with his partners and associates, provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to households, small businesses, and retirement plans.
Education & Professional Credentials
- St. Mary’s University | Master’s Degree
- University of Pittsburgh | Master’s Degree
- CFP® Practitioner, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Registered representative for Investment Management and Research, Inc., St. Petersburg, FL
- Registered representative for Financial Service Corporation of America, Atlanta, GA
- Member of Allegheny Financial Group and Allegheny Investments Board of Directors since 1976
- Current Board Member for a number of private corporations
- Oversees Allegheny Financial Group’s Business Acquisitions and Private Equity Investments
- Managing member of four limited liability companies that act as the general partner for several equity investment partnerships
- Founder of the Pittsburgh Chapter of the International Association for Financial Planning
- Member of The Financial Planning Association
Awards & Recognition
- Repeat recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award
- Recognized by his peers in 1985 as the Northeast Regional CFP® of the Year
- University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work: Established James J. & Noel W. Browne
Leadership Program; Member of Board of Visitors
- Member of Board of Directors of StartUptown
- Member of the Board of Trustees, The Manchester Academic Charter School (MACS)
Our practice provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to households, small businesses, and pension plans. Sensitive to each client’s unique circumstances and objectives, we focus on achieving those objectives. We believe a deep understanding of each client is essential to providing the advice over the long term that makes achievement of those objectives both possible and likely.
We believe in comprehensive financial planning based on sound economics as a methodology for creating and preserving wealth. This is a continuous process that is comprised of meeting with clients, reviewing the various financial aspects of their lives, and implementing ideas where appropriate. We believe in capitalism as a foundation for investment management. Our number one priority is delivering exceptional service so our clients view us as a trusted advisor for their wide range of needs.
BHKM Advisors and Managers — Front row left to right: James J. Browne, CFP®; Jonathan A. Kuhn, CFP®; Back row from left to right: Mark A. Manetti, CFP®; Carolyn Madigan; Brandon J. Haynes, CFP®; Sherry A. Kendrick, CFP®; Matthew D. Kelly, CFP®; Ryan Walczak, CFP®.
Financial Planning Team — Front row left to right: Ian Cerminara, CFP®; Wyatt Sten, CFP®; Brian Cartier, CFP®. Back row from left to right: Grant Baxter; Matt Haller, CFP®; Alex Gough; Michael Dykes; Cassidy Richardson, CFP®; Phil Venanzi; Nick Jenkins.
Client Service Team — Front row left to right: Beth Shiperly; Katie Kimpel; Courtney Collins; Tara Stevens. Back row from left to right: Kayla Lawrence; Olga Taranka; Lauren Winberg, FPQP; Elisha Beck; Lindsey Simeoni; Holly Hinrichsen; Lauren Neigh; Niki Long; Verena Woloson; Laura Rodgers; Bonnie Bray; Susan Piotrowski; Jennifer Lawrence.