Managing Partner and Financial Advisor
Jonathan A. Kuhn, managing partner of Allegheny Financial Group, is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ with more than 20 years of experience offering professional, comprehensive financial planning services to individuals and small businesses.
Jon loves partnering with clients to understand their goals and objectives and to help them develop a comprehensive financial plan to accomplish those goals. He believes that financial health is as important as one’s physical health and should be treated just as seriously.
Jon also believes in investing in the future. He is a mentor to young financial advisors and serves on the Winchester Thurston School Endowment Subcommittee and the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh Finance Committee.
Education & Professional Credentials
- Grove City College | Degree in Financial Management
- CFP® Practitioner, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Began his career at Allegheny Financial Group in 1994
- Became a partner of Allegheny Financial Group and Allegheny Investments in 2007
- Named managing partner of Allegheny Financial Group and Allegheny Investments in 2011
- Currently serves on the Allegheny Financial Group Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Managing member for several investment partnerships
- Past president of the Pittsburgh Chapter of the International Association for Financial Planning where he led the merger to create the Financial Planning Association of Pittsburgh
- Past president of the Pittsburgh Financial Planning Association
Awards & Recognition
- Repeat recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award
- Has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal and Investment News
- Recognized in the 31st edition of Who’s Who in America Finance & Industry
- Winchester Thurston School Endowment Subcommittee
- Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh Finance Committee
Our practice provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to households, small businesses, and pension plans. Sensitive to each client’s unique circumstances and objectives, we focus on achieving those objectives. We believe a deep understanding of each client is essential to providing the advice over the long term that makes achievement of those objectives both possible and likely.
We believe in comprehensive financial planning based on sound economics as a methodology for creating and preserving wealth. This is a continuous process that is comprised of meeting with clients, reviewing the various financial aspects of their lives, and implementing ideas where appropriate. We believe in capitalism as a foundation for investment management. Our number one priority is delivering exceptional service so our clients view us as a trusted advisor for their wide range of needs.