R. Steven Hurst, CFP®AFG
Partner and Financial Advisor
R. Steven Hurst is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner with Allegheny Financial Group where he offers professional, comprehensive financial planning services to individuals and small businesses. In 2007, he became a partner of Allegheny Financial Group, Ltd. and Allegheny Investments, Ltd., where he currently serves on the Board of Directors.
Education and Professional Credentials
- Grove City College | Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Management
- CFP® Practitioner, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Joined Allegheny more than 20 years ago
- Has advised a wide variety of clients on financial planning, involving asset management, risk protection, estate planning, liability management and other matters
- Former president and former member of the board of the Pittsburgh chapter of the Financial Planning Association, where he has been a vigorous advocate of continuing education in the profession
Awards & Recognition
- Repeat recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award
- Actively involved in his church
- Youth hockey coach
Front row left to right: Darin B. Hawn, CFP®; R. Steven Hurst, CFP®; Scott Rash, CFP®; Back row from left to right: Mandy Miller, FPQP; Christopher Smith, CFP®; Benjamin R. Grom, CFP®; Diana Toepfer; Laura English, FPQP; Terry L. Knepp, CFP®.
Our practice provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management
to households, small businesses, and pension plans. Sensitive to each client’s unique circumstances and objectives, we focus on achieving those objectives. We believe a deep understanding of each client is essential to providing the advice over the long term that makes achievement of those objectives both possible and likely.
We believe that careful planning is vital to the achievement of long-term financial goals. All aspects of our clients’ financial lives, from investment and tax planning to insurance and estate planning, must be incorporated into a coordinated strategy for optimal effectiveness. Then an appropriate portfolio can be constructed, with emphasis on asset allocation, diversification and the utilization of professional money managers. Communication with our clients is critical in order for appropriate adjustments to be made as circumstances dictate. A dedication to customer education and service is at the core of our beliefs.