Associate Financial Advisor
Trina Brown is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner with Allegheny Financial Group where she offers professional, comprehensive financial planning services to individuals and small businesses.
Education and Professional Credentials
- CFP® Practitioner, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Series 7 and 66 Licenses
- PA Accident, Health, Life and Fixed Annuities Insurance License
- Duquesne University | Executive Certificate in Financial Planning
- University of Pittsburgh | Master of Science in Information Systems
- Carnegie Mellon University | Master of Arts in Literary and Cultural Theory
- Ohio University (Athens, OH) | Master of Arts in English Literature
- The College of Wooster (Wooster, OH) | Bachelor of Arts in English
Before joining AFG, Ms. Brown worked in the IT field, with experience in the legal, educational, energy, and health industries as well as international IT market research. She has strengths in project management, complex data architecture, and extensive systems analysis.
After nearly 20 years in the field, Ms. Brown left the IT world to pursue her passion for personal finance. It is her dream to help people identify and achieve their financial goals. To that end, she completed the Executive Certificate in Financial Planning at Duquesne University in the spring of 2015 and joined Allegheny Financial Group later that year.
She is especially interested in behavioral finance and plans to pursue additional certification in financial therapy.
- Member, Financial Planning Association
- Previous Troop Leader, Girl Scouts of Western Pennsylvania
In her spare time, Ms. Brown enjoys gardening, reading, knitting, traveling, and spending time with her family and pets.
Our practice provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to individuals, businesses, non-profit organizations and retirement plans. We pay close attention to each client’s unique circumstances and objectives. This focus is essential to providing advice and counsel for the successful implantation of a client’s financial plan. We believe in a strategic approach involving professional management of assets, proven methods of asset allocation and a thorough planning process.