David Jeter, CFP®AFG
Partner and Financial Advisor
David Jeter is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner with Allegheny Financial Group. He provides a full range of planning and consulting services to individuals and small businesses, advising on financial planning and wealth management. David is a partner of Allegheny Financial Group, Ltd. and Allegheny Investments, Ltd., where he currently serves on the Board of Directors. Additionally, he is a member of Allegheny’s technology committee, investment committee, and marketing committee.
Education and Professional Credentials
- University of Michigan | Bachelor of Science and Administration Degree, concentration in finance and marketing
- CFP® Practitioner, Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Series 24 principal license
- Began career as a financial advisor in 1992
- Financial Advisor and District Manager for American Express, 1992-1997
- Principal of a regional financial planning firm, 1998-2003
- Produces professional financial blog, www.davidjeter.com
- Quoted in publications including Pittsburgh Business Times and Pittsburgh Quarterly
- Contributed as Reviewer for the Duquesne University CFP Capstone Program
- Frequent speaker to consumer and financial industry groups
Awards & Recognition
- Repeat Recipient of Five Star Wealth Manager Award
- Trustee – Pine-Richland Opportunities Fund
- Past President – Pine-Richland Touchdown Club
- Portfolio Analysis by the Calendar
- To Live and Learn; to Act and Feel; To Still Matter.
- Hurricane Harvey, North Korea, and Other Puzzle Pieces
- Short and Long Answers on the Market, Economy, and Your Planning (Part 2)
- Short and Long Answers on the Market, Economy, and Your Planning (Part 1)
- Batter Up! An Investors Approach at the Plate
- Essential Planning Reflection
- Smart Money Thinks It’s Dumb, Dumb Money Thinks It’s Smart
- “Batting leadoff, McCutchen, batting second, McCutchen, batting in the third spot, McCutchen…”
- Billy Joel and Investment Success
- Volatility and Perspective
- Composure in the Face of Bad News
- A Financial Starting Point for Young People
- Investment Choices or Investor Choices?
- Market Volatility
- The Best Tool for Investing Success
- Naked & Afraid…Not On This Journey
- Is It Possible to Look Beyond DC?
- Have You Formed a Bias?
- A Farmer’s Outlook
- Swimsuit Season
- November 7, 2012
- Fiscal Cliff
- A Tale of Two Hats redux
Our practice provides comprehensive financial planning and investment management to households, small businesses, and retirement plans. Sensitive to each client’s unique circumstances and objectives, we focus on achieving those objectives. We believe a deep understanding of each client, whether personal or corporate, is essential to providing the advice over the long term that makes achievement of those objectives both possible and likely.
For financial planning, we believe in professional management of assets, proven methods of asset allocation, a long-term approach, and a thorough planning process. Our clients know that we have the expertise to guide them in a wide range of needs. Allegheny’s Asset Management Department, providing for an extraordinary depth of research, is a vital component of that expertise. Just as important, clients know that we are very accessible.
SJ Group Advisors — Left to right: Jennifer S. Schrauder, CFP®; James D. Hohman, CFP®;
David Jeter, CFP®.
SJ Group Staff — Front row left to right: Jennifer S. Schrauder, CFP®; David Jeter, CFP®; Back row from left to right: Hugh Baker, CFP®; Dana Sergeant; James D. Hohman, CFP®; Kristen Chase; Michelle Riggi-Smith. Not shown: Matthew Jaspert.